We should all own the content we're creating, rather than just posting to third-party content silos. Publish on your own domain, and syndicate out to silos.Join us for two days of brainstorming & creating at IndieWebCamp 2014 and be a part of advancing & growing the indie web.
- When: from June 28, 2014 () at 9:30am through June 29 () at 6pm
- West Coast: Esri R&D Center, Portland, 309 SW 6th Ave, Ste. 600, Portland, OR, US, 97204. http://pdx.esri.com
- East Coast: The New York Times Building, 620 8th Ave, New York, NY, US, 11225.
- Berlin: The Agora Collective, Mittelweg 50, Neukölln, Berlin, Germany, 12053. http://agoracollective.org
- URL: http://indiewebcamp.com/2014
- Schedule - see for links to sessions inline in schedule spots
- "Your high school's yearbook club just graduated and knows HTML"—Chloe Weil
- Guest List - add yourself (and optionally an apprentice)
- Lanyrd: lanyrd.com/2014/indiewebcamp-2/
- Plancast: plancast.com/p/lg3r
- Calagator: http://calagator.org/events/1250465892
- Session Proposals
- Schedule Grid - hyperlinked to actual session pages
- etherpad index: http://etherpad.mozilla.org/indiewebcamp
Remote Indiewebcamp Parties
Indiewebcamp has a strong tradition of remote participation, typically utilising IRC, google hangouts and etherpad during as well as after the event. If you can't get to the Portland event, consider remote participating or finding/running an indiewebcamp remote party near you.
Indieweb Remote Parties:
See buttons and put one your blog/site sidebar for IndieWebCamp 2014!
Blog and post about IndieWebCamp. See what others are posting: http://tagboard.com/indiewebcamp
- 2014-06-23 gRegor Morrill: The Dream of the '90s
- 2014-06-28 Tantek Çelik: IndieWebCamp 2014 — Thoughts Before The Gathering
- 2014-07-02 Mike Caulfield: #indiewebcamp
- 2014-07-03 Scott Rosenberg: IndieWeb and Respect Network: Two roads to decentralizing the network
- 2014-07-19 Amber Case: IndieWebCamp 2014 a Success!
- ... add yours here!
BridgyBridgy is an open source project and proxy that implements backfeed as a service. Bridgy sends webmentions for comments, likes, etc. on Facebook, Twitter, Google+, and Instagram.
KnownKnown is a flexible, IndieWeb-compatible platform for building personal and community sites. (formerly Idno)
&yet&yet is a different kind of consulting company who builds software for people first.
Esri PortlandEsri Portland is graciously hosting the 2014 event in Portland.
The New York TimesThe New York Times is graciously hosting the 2014 event in NYC.
The Agora CollectiveAgora Collective is graciously hosting the 2014 event in Berlin, Germany and dinner is being provided by Jolocom
West Coast (Portland) sponsors:
East Coast (New York) sponsors:
Further East Sponsors
Berlin, Germany sponsors:
Put suggestions for Indie Web Camp 2014 here, inline or as links to your own notes.
- Improve Remote Participation per http://waterpigs.co.uk/articles/remote-participation
This is our unordered "to-do" (GTD next-actions) list for IndieWebCamp 2014. Strike and sign done items and move them to the done section.
- improve the design and layout of this page since it will be the primary point of entry for many people
- create Calagator event and add it to the lanyrd, plancast links above (and on Main_Page and on Guest_List.
- Add target audience (Who is this event for?) for web developers & designers.
- Find sponsors, advertise them through Twitter and other means
- Add Login / Register on top left of nav bar, so it's easier to find.
- Process Andi Galpern's https://docs.google.com/document/d/1mKHAbNfTtyGeVte1WawBPAWHzs_NHwVrsVftZ5OR3iI/edit into discrete inline actions here.
- buy a bunch of the large sticky note pads (multiple colors is good, extras to share with OSBridge even better)
- print "Hello My URL is" nametacs
- be sure to include Name, URL, other URLs (gtalk, twitter, github), and "IndieWebCamp.com/2014" on it.
See also the overall to-do page for IndieWebCamp.com in general.
Other activities to check out in Portland/NYC/Berlin before / after IndieWebCamp
- NYC: Neil Gaiman: "The Truth is a Cave in the Black Mountains" Presenting a synchronized multimedia storytelling event, Neil Gaiman reads his story The Truth Is a Cave in the Black Mountains. Illustrations are provided by renowned artist Eddie Campbell.
Get Your Flights and Hotel
Flights: If you're flying from the SF/Bay Area to Portland (PDX), Alaska, Southwest, and Virgin America are recommended and have frequent flights to PDX. Virgin America also flies SFO-JFK or Newark.
- Ace Hotel
- Paramount Hotel
- Nearby AirBNB
New York Hotels:
- Element New York Times Square West, 311 W 39th St, New York, NY 10018
- just a couple of blocks from the New York Times building
- Club Quarters-Midtown, 40 W 45th St, New York, NY 10036
- To-do - general IndieWebCamp to-do items