IndieWebCamp Bellingham 2017 was the first IndieWebCamp held in Bellingham, WA 2017-05-04 through 2017-05-05.
IndieWebCamp is a gathering for independent web creators of all kinds, from graphic artists, to designers, UX engineers, coders, hackers, to share ideas, actively work on creating for their own personal websites, and build upon each others creations.
We should all own the content we're creating, rather than just posting to third-party content silos. Publish on your own domain, and syndicate out to silos.Join us for two days of brainstorming & creating at IndieWebCamp Bellingham 2017 and be a part of advancing & growing the indieweb.
- The meeting space for the first day (2017-05-04) is on the second floor, only accessible by stairs. Unfortunately it is not wheelchair accessible.
- The meeting space for the second day (2017-05-05) is on the ground floor and is wheelchair accessible.
- Please register and RSVP on the Official Event Page.
- Add yourself and what projects you’re working on to the Projects List.
2017-05-04 (Thursday) through 2017-05-05 (Friday)
|Day 1 Keynotes & Discussions||Day 2 Create, Hack, Demo!|
|Day 1 discuss in a BarCamp-like environment. Bring a topic you'd like to discuss or join in on topics as they are added to the board.||Day 2 make things on and for your personal site! Collaborate with others or work on your own to improve at least one thing on your personal site, no matter how small or how epic.|
08:30 Organizer setup
08:30 Organizer setup
- Code of Conduct
- Session Proposals
- Schedule Grid - hyperlinked to actual session pages
- Etherpad index: https://etherpad.indieweb.org/2017-Bellingham
IndieWebCamp has a strong tradition of remote participation, typically using IRC, Google Hangouts and Etherpad during as well as after the event.
If you can't get to the Bellingham event, consider remote participating or finding/running an IndieWebCamp remote party near you.
- Livestream was over Talky, not recorded.
Indieweb Remote Parties:
Travel & Lodging
If you are flying into BLI, unfortunately it is a small airport and public transportation does not go directly to it. The closest stop, route 50, is about 0.9 miles. Otherwise, public transit around town and to the venue is good. See: http://ridewta.com
You can also take Uber from the airport. The cost from the airport to the venue will be about $17-21 for UberX. More info: https://www.uber.com/cities/bellingham/
Here are some hotels sorted by proximity to the venue:
- Hotel Bellwether - website
- Days Inn - website
- Motel 6 - website
- Hampton Inn Bellingham Airport - website
AirBnB / Couchsurfing
See 2017/Bellingham/Planning for planning and organizing archive.
Day 1 Photos
Ginger made this awesome sign for the event. May the Fourth be with you!
Day 2 Photos
Sign updated for day two. Revenge of the Fifth!
Notes and blog posts from and about IndieWebCamp Bellingham 2017!
- 2017-04-05 : Announcing IndieWebCamp Bellingham (archived)
- 2017-05-04 : IndieWebCamp Bellingham Day 1 (archived)
- LinuxFest Northwest 2017-05-06..07