The third annual IndieWebCamp was held from - in Portland (OR), right after Open Source Bridge 2013.
We should all own the content we're creating, rather than just posting to third-party content silos. Publish on your own domain, and syndicate out to silos.Two days of brainstorming & creating at IndieWebCamp 2013 and advancing & growing the indie web.
- from June 22, 2013 () at 10am through June 23 () at 6pm
- at Elemental Technologies, 225 SW Broadway, Suite 600 Portland, Oregon.
- Guest List - add yourself (and optionally an apprentice)
- Session Proposals
- Schedule Grid - hyperlinked to actual session pages
- etherpad index: http://etherpad.mozilla.org/indiewebcamp
- google+ hangout
Remote Indiewebcamp Parties
Indiewebcamp has a strong tradition of remote participation, typically utilising IRC, google hangouts and etherpad during as well as after the event. If you can’t get to the Portland event, consider remote participating or finding/running an indiewebcamp remote party near you.
Indieweb Remote Parties:
- Reykjavik, Iceland hosted by Vísar (17 Austerstræti, above 1011, 3rd floor). Open to all but we preferably need to know in advance, please contact barnabywalters or @brennannovak on IRC or twitter if you want to come along. Participants:
Get Your Flights and Hotel
Flights: If you're flying from the SF/Bay Area to Portland (PDX), Alaska, Southwest, and Virgin America are recommended and have frequent flights to PDX.
- Ace Hotel
- Paramount Hotel
See buttons and put one your blog/site sidebar for IndieWebCamp 2013!
Blog and post about IndieWebCamp. See what others are posting: http://tagboard.com/indiewebcamp
- How to sponsor IndieWebCamp
- Pre-party - thanks to idno!
- Venue - thanks to Elemental Technologies!
- Breakfast Saturday - covered by sponsors
- Coffee Saturday - thanks to Mozilla!
- Lunch Saturday - food carts - not sponsored
- Dinner Saturday - thanks to Google!
- Breakfast Sunday - covered by sponsors
- Coffee Sunday - thanks to Mozilla!
- Lunch Sunday - covered by sponsors
SuperfeedrSuperfeedr makes RSS feeds realtime by pushing them from publishers to subscribers. We provide both an XMPP and PubSubHubbub/Webhook API and we believe *subscribing* is a key aspect of the IndieWeb. As a user I want to be able to follow my friends on the platform they chose, from the platform I choose!
idno.idno. is a flexible, IndieWeb-compatible platform for building personal and community sites.
Network ReduxNetwork Redux is a Web Hosting and data service provider based in Portland, Oregon.
Elemental TechnologiesElemental Technologies is graciously hosting the 2013 event.
Put suggestions for Indie Web Camp 2013 here.
- Improve Remote Participation per http://waterpigs.co.uk/articles/remote-participation
This is our unordered "to-do" (GTD next-actions) list for IndieWebCamp 2013. Strike and sign done items and move them to the done section.
Let's move and organize most of these to 2013/Planning.
create Calagator event and add it to the lanyrd, plancast links above (and on Main_Page and on Guest_List.
- Add target audience (Who is this event for?) for web developers & designers.
- check for 2011 or 2012 pages in the sidebar (via redirects) and fix accordingly
- Find Sponsors, advertise them through Twitter.
- Add Login / Register on top left of nav bar, so it's easier to find.
- Process Andi Galpern's https://docs.google.com/document/d/1mKHAbNfTtyGeVte1WawBPAWHzs_NHwVrsVftZ5OR3iI/edit into discrete inline actions here.
- buy a bunch of the large sticky note pads (multiple colors is good, extras to share with OSBridge even better)
- find a place to order Hello My URL is stickers (good to have a supply and suppliers on hand)
- maybe ask on Twitter for local Portland sticker people
- or create a template for sticker printing on sticker stationery from a stationery store / OfficeMax / Office Depot
- be sure to include Name, URL, other URLs (gtalk, twitter, github), and "IndieWebCamp.com/2013" on it.
See also the overall to-do page for IndieWebCamp.com in general.
Other Activities to check out in Portland before / after IndieWebCamp
- To-do - general IndieWebCamp to-do items