(Redirected from Kaja)
Kaja is a bot run by Sven Knebel.
- announces in chat when the IndieWebCamp Youtube channel goes live during an event, and embeds it on the live page
!mf2-phpfollowed by a URL return a URL to to the matching MF2 parser result. (some more variations exist as well). This also works when talking to Kaja directly, outside a channel
- wiki entries created via Loqi that have the form "Something is <url>, …" get linkified: the url is added as a hyperlink to the defined term and removed from the sentence. Same happens if the URL is at the end of the definition.
- same for definitions that have a URL after the definition sentence (so saying "Kaja is a helpful bot. http://example.com" is linkified, "Kaja is a bot that edits http://indieweb.org" is not)
- create HWC-page entries for HWC Berlin and potentially others
- currently working on parsing mf2 from an event posted on a personal homepage
- probably using two new mf2-attributes:
u-mapto match things currently added to events
- challenge: how to co-exist with user-edits and find correct location to put stuff (ordered by timezone is difficult if timezones aren't marked up!)
- update /next-HWC and next-HWC box on front page
- add !stream command to give last seen URL
- update /topic in irc with stream link?
- mf2-parser commands without URL could work for last URL posted in channel
- etherpad import (compare https://github.com/kmaglione/wikimtgs and https://github.com/christi3k/ImportFromEtherpad)
- some kind of !tell notifier for users that are seldom in IRC (or something that tells the !tell-er to please use a different channel)
- are there other commonly needed tools that could use shortcuts?
- private "specific user is online" alerts?
- add Kaja to Slack as well, so Slack users can use direct commands
Think something would be neat?
- sknebel, another feature request, for Kaja now! Be able to append to a Inbox section on a user page.
- Update Events whenever any wiki page that starts with "/event/" in the URL is updated. - Tantek Çelik
- parse that changed wiki page for an h-event
- if that event is already on /Events (there is an h-event there with URL of that wiki page)
- then update any details that (may) have changed (start, end, location locality, name), ok to limit to events using the event template
- else add an h-event using the event template to the right spot in Events#Upcoming (inside the right month subheading, between the soonest event before/after in that month if any)
- // this would make it easier to "just" update an individual HWC event page, and have the Events page auto-updated accordingly. So a host in a city only has to edit the specific HWC event page to add their location, and Events and the home page are updated automatically!
- "this probably is not Kaja, but a general tool, but can we do anything to easily align videos with chat for creation of demo pages"
- use selfauth instead of custom, DB-based auth endpoint? (with shared secret it'd be easy to generate the correct signed token)
- PM-alerts if specific user becomes available
- PM-countdowns for sknebel :P
- fix username changes on reconnect
- stop this from happening https://indieweb.org/wiki/index.php?diff=40604&oldid=40603&rcid=40514
- Bots on IRC
- BUG: didn't remove 2017-austin-demos stream after it ended
- potentially linkify format like https://indieweb.org/wiki/index.php?oldid=46130&rcid=46022 . also, start to collect false-positives for linkify
- mf2 commands should understand gists
- "do timezone conversions with city names"
- you need an avatar
- todo: limit HWCs on front page to some X weeks out
- do Who is via PM
- understand this syntax: Fathom
- Feature: complain in chat if HWC queue is empty (for some dfn of "empty")
- ^^^ including if it's only "Virtual", and especially complain if it's a Friday and the newsletter is about to go out
- idea: debugging tools: command to find bridgy user pages for user