In particular, (semi-)active IndieWeb community members using WordPress on their own sites, thus you might find them on IRC to ask about their experience (or for help).
- Austin King (2013) on ozten.com/psto/
- Matthias Pfefferle on notizblog.org with:
- Ryan Barrett (2014 SF)on snarfed.org
- Peter Molnar on petermolnar.eu
- Shane Hudson (2013 UK) on shanehudson.net
- Currently (Jan 2014) using built in post formats to add bookmarks/links privately, experimenting with making these public (as well as an app to post them easier) as well as POSSE'ing tweets and hopefully photos etc too.
- Johannes Ernst (2013) on upon2020.com/blog (full posts) and upon2020.com/banter (short banter) both with
- Social plugin for POSSE to Twitter and Facebook
- Acegiak on Acegiak.net
- Andy Sylvester on andysylvester.com
- David Shanske on david.shanske.com
- Greg Baker on gnb.io
- Chris Aldrich on http://www.BoffoSocko.com (and several others) with:
- Custom child theme of TwentySixteen (selfdogfooding)
- SNAP for POSSE to Twitter, Facebook, Tumblr, LinkedIn, Pinterest, Google+, Flipboard, Instagram
- Medium for POSSE to Medium
- PESOS of Instagram with location via DsgnWrks Instagram Importer (previously with OwnYourGram)
- I've tried almost every Indieweb plugin out there (and broken most in one way or another) and often contribute documentation
Other independents using it on their primary site
- Christian Crumlish
- Stephen Paul Weber
- Colin Tedford on colintedford.com since 2007 (wants to switch to something more static but it'll be a while).
- Scott Kingery long posts on techlifeweb.com more social blurts, quick links and checkins on techlifeweb.com/social
- Paul Tibbetts Source Code
- Sebastian Greger
- Glenn Rice
Using on one of their sites
People using WordPress on a secondary site.
- Erin Jo Richey on Flat Frog Blog
- Christophe Ducamp on christopheducamp.com/b - testing WP plugins (research in progress - TBC - 2013-04-15).
- URL Shortener via WP-Hum - activated since july 2012, ex. http://xtof.me/blog/b/405
- Currently testing POSSE research in progress with 2 plugins activated simultaneously
- Crystal Beasley on skinnywhitegirl.com/blog/
- Has moved her primary domain/identity over to Crystalbeasley.com which is statically generated.
Folks have opted to switch away from WordPress for various reasons (e.g. problems noted above). They seem to switch to one of three options, one indieweb, and two silo.
- static site generator or some other IndieWeb project
- silo: WordPress.com hosting service (see below)
- other silo: e.g. Tumblr (others?)
Switched to another project
There are many folks with personal sites that have kept their personal site and webhost, but switched away from WordPress to another solution, e.g. typically a static site generator:
- Aaron Parecki switched from WordPress for his blog to using p3k to post articles on Aaronparecki.com
- 2013-11-10 Julie Pagano to Middleman (http://middlemanapp.com/) : http://juliepagano.com/blog/2013/11/10/site-redesign-using-middleman/
Many others have switched to Jekyll or are in the process of doing so, e.g.:
- Crystal Beasley - per recent (2013-11) conversation on IRC
- Will Norris on willnorris.com (2005 - July 2014) with:
- URL Shortener via WP-Hum (selfdogfooding)
- Joseph Boyle (down as of 2013-10-25)
- Folks that were on WordPress that have moved to Tumblr
- Micki Krimmel
- others beforehand ...