Selling Your Work
An attendee of this talk shared her personal experience (video, time offset: 13:52), about how:
- as an artist, she has had work stolen, having been on deviantART for a while
- a business started printing her art on shirts
- that had licensed it from deviantART
- apparently was part of deviantART's TOS that they could do so with her art
- Note that many (most?) silos (e.g. Medium) have similar TOS where they have the rights to sell your work without your permission or notification.
Does not allow you to export your data at all, before deactivation.