(Redirected from tz)Jump to navigation Jump to search
This article is a stub. You can help the IndieWeb wiki by expanding it.
Timezones are names used to highlight regions on the globe that are used to define a uniform time for society's use (legal, finance, social). Examples of them are Pacific Standard Time or Eastern Daylight Savings Time.
timezones are a way to create dependencies in your code on legislative bodies in countries you have never heard of.
- 2018-05 Zach Holman UTC is enough for everyone...right?
- Challenges with marking up: https://twitter.com/PeterNikolow/status/1090258923146207233
- "Dates... haha just add timezone and often can see "why time in SERP is different than HTML?" in Webmasters forums" @PeterNikolow January 29, 2019
- The public domain Time Zone Database is publicly maintained on GitHub. The NEWS file makes for interesting reading on “legislative bodies” shaking things up.
- "" @JordiGH May 6, 2022
- new tz problem just dropped https://www.theguardian.com/world/2023/mar/26/lebanon-split-into-two-time-zones-in-row-over-daylight-saving