Jump to navigation Jump to search
First session of the 2011 Schedule.
Started with first minute of: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lB95KLmpLR4 (The Social Network trailer)
Last year we had the Federated Social Web Summit.
- invite only , focused on implementers
- had some design, mostly talk, no actual coding
- since absorbed into W3C Federated Social Web Incubator Group, now mostly talking (e.g. nothing was built out of the 2011 June Berlin W3C Federated Social Web Summit).
- a bunch of us decided we needed something more practical, personal, actionable
What is Indie Web Camp
- Indie - why
- shared sites go away (Pownce, Vox, Geocities, Etherpad, Google Wave, ...)
- get overloaded (Twitter, ...)
- go down for maintenance (Flickr, Twitter BB client, ...)
- go down unexpectedly (Tumblr)
- Builders - scratching your own itches
- Share (e.g. culture of open source, Open Source Bridge)
- together we can build, iterate, faster than alone. that's why you're here this weekend
Plan for two days: Get Inspired And Make Things (Jeremy Keith's t-shirt as prop)
- today: talks/discussions
- tomorrow: building sessions, design, code, collaborate
- 3 things you've built/broken/shared or want to build break share