A brainstorming session during IndieWebCampUK 2012.
2012-253 The Engine room / The Skiff
- Aral Balkan (@aral)
- Glenn Jones (@glennjones)
HostedAPI Solution group etherpad
The idea of this session is to work out how a package of self hosted tools, that can be installed easy by any new indie web creator/ site owner.
This suite of pre-packaged tools, will allow for syndicating to third part websites via a plugin architecture, this allows for features such as:
- Syndicate third party social status updates
- Storage of content-types locally with a good structure
- Allow development of new 'plugins'
- Make it easy to create shortened URLs to content
- Work out an API REST-Like URL format to allow for transmission of content.
- Discussion of how Clients (Mobile Web/Native Client/Web Browser) can post to an indie web site.
Aral - presenting the Continuous Client
iCloud/Dropbox as a solution
- Interim Storage
- Dropbox Bookmark
- How can you search, should each bookmark be stored as a singular entitiy
Web Mobile UI Client
/** My notes: /* Web UI /* Mobile Client /* Web Client /* (scripts to post)
- scripts to pull RSS/ API calls
- Format for canonical data storage
- Content Types (formats / schemas for storage ) ref: microformats
- Plugins to allow syndication
- Push Systems
PubSubHubub described in a minute by Tantek
Common Storage Formats
- Status Updates
- Network dependant
- Third Party Quantified Self Data (example Fitbit data stored locally)
Using HTML and human readable formats that can be Machine readable as well.