More thinking on pinned / sticky posts:
- WordPress has supported sticky posts since 2.7
- Want to pin a post that's temporally relevant - e.g. before an event (human) or site shutdown.
- Do not want it to be the first post - because that gives illusion that there's nothing newer
- Possibly 1-2 normal in-stream posts display, then followed by the pinned post, almost like it is a promoted post for itself.
- Twitter never puts promoted posts at the *top* of your view of posts. Always 2nd or 3rd or further.