Jump to navigation Jump to search
This week in the IndieWeb (Mon 24th Feb - Sun 2nd Mar)
- Kevin Marks takes notes at the Homebrew Website Club on 26th Feb 2014
- Decentralize Camp was announced for 21st May 2014, in Düsseldorf
- Sandeep Shetty sends The first encrypted IndieWeb comment
- Isaac Mao got indieauth set-up on his website
- Grant MacKenzie has added draft support to their indieweb workflow
- Andy Sylvester walks through Setting up the Selfoss Feed Reader with microformats support
- Dave Winer asks, “Why blog?”
- GigaOm write about Designing for freedom
- David John Mead reminds us of some of the services that have shut down recently
Requests for help
- Willow Brugh ask how non-coders can help
- Kelly Campbell asks if anyone's interested in a Philly HWC?
Active pages on the wiki
Summary of IRC
- Buttons - http://indiewebcamp.com/buttons
- Link preview versus oembed
- Discussion about technorati / google real time search / indie social search as an alternative?
- Namecoin as DNS alternative
- Talk of Web Components - http://www.w3.org/TR/components-intro/
- Tantek mentions https://sourcegraph.com/blog/switching-from-angularjs-to-server-side-html as a good reason to avoid client side js
- aaronpk got photo posting to his endpoint working
- Discussion about microformatted markup making it easier for feed readers to parse the html that they get in atom/rss
- cweiske appears to be suggesting that we focus on APIs, rather than simply microformats.
- Tantek found that ATOM is much bigger than just html for posts. “hence my Atom feed only has 3 items now, while my home page has 16.”
- Discussion about atom/rss versus html + microformats. There were concerns about performance (lots of people querying an index.html page). Tantek points out h-feed (http://indiewebcamp.com/h-feed) in response.
- There’s talk of superfeedr.com for PuSH
- A few people are now adding h-feed to their sites in order to better support the in-development indie-readers.
- Tom Morris has got some geolocation code updated on his site.
- Decentralised camp - http://decentralizecamp.com/
- Talk of keybase.io
- Aaron Parecki’s screenshot - https://indiewebcamp.com/reader#Aaron_Parecki
- Sandeep sent Aaron an encrypted message
- Made some changes to the wiki to try to make it more approachable
- Discussion of POSSE to instagram
- Complaints about FB event page redesign
- Barnaby Waters talking about search using elastic search
- Discussion around accepting payments and how difficult it is when different people use different services
- Promote author’s personal sites through brid.gy, e.g. https://snarfed.org/2014-03-01_indiewebcamp-sf-next-weekend#comments