Notes archived from: http://etherpad.indiewebcamp.com/homepage
IndieWebCamp Düsseldorf 2016 Session: Homepage layout 2016-05-07
- stream of most recent n posts
- most recent three blog posts
- side bar about me
- "relme" where else I might be
Personal vs professional
What should your website do for you?
Variety of posts as a way to liberate you from the obligations / confines of one type of post
Time to first note on a personal website
- activity over time (sparkline-boom after Nürnberg)
How to make the home-page more "timeless"
- idea 1: show one update at the top, instead of feed, followed by profile page (http://glennjones.net/ )
creative constraints, e.g. in limited silo layouts or templates can be useful
How would you judge success of a homepage?
- I am impressed?
- Others are impressed?
- Getting across the most amount of information?
- An expression of who I am?
On your personal page you can do crazy things
- interactive header images etc
- keep old styles (https://adactio.com/ has stylesheet switcher, tanteks old page (link?) had different CSS for different months, with current experiments)