Independent Media Network was a session at IndieWebCamp East 2020.
Notes archived from etherpad: https://etherpad.indieweb.org/imn on 2020-11-16 at 11:32 PM Pacific
IndieWebCamp East 2020
Session: Independent Media Network
When: 2020-11-14 14:50 PM Eastern
- Hamish Campbell (facilitator)
- In this session, we'll look at a project am working on https://unite.openworlds.info/indymedia a reboot of a radical grassroots project turn of the century useing modern protocals like activertypub - A video https://visionon.tv/videos/watch/1e221fdf-1e98-4802-a239-c24399dc3411
- We'll also discuss openweb tech and journalism issues and go over our live test site and what we are aiming for https://indymediadev.openworlds.info/test-css/
- Some questions we might address: indymedia
- updateing a historical UX
- Learn from the past to build the future
- why did it fail,
- why did it work,
- what can we learn.
How the fediverse works from a social/tech perspective.
- soon to be the first rollout of a "hyper-local" indymedia site
- currently finalising a simplified page template
- instance of epicyon (https://code.freedombone.net/bashrc/epicyon)
- organisational space
- openmedianetwork repo for overarching organisation; discussion of tools, etc
- indymedia repo for testing functioning instances of existing tools (e.g. epicyon)
- ^ Join us here to get involved
- +1 Kevin Marks
background blog http://hamishcampbell.com