About Me / Elsewhere
Sr. Web Developer, Mozilla Corporation
Areas of Interest
Syndication feeds (RSS/Atom); Activity Streams; mashups; data ownership; user-sovereignty.
- feeder2 - Latest attempt at a web feed poller & general node.js saw-sharpening
- Simple static web hosting service
- No smarts, no structure beyond URLs. Put this content at that URL under my (sub)domain.
- Like Amazon S3 but with a non-horrible on-ramp
- Like Dropbox but specifically for scalable web hosting
- Like remoteStorage but (again) specifically for web hosting
- Simple API with Oauth(ish?) permission dance for apps
- lmorchard.com hasn't got respectable SSL
Used to work on these things. I stopped. Might start again, someday. Then again, maybe not.
- Tinkering with Activity Streams - I started writing a sequel to my Hacking RSS & Atom book, but didn't get far.
- notational-vapor - A fast notepad in the clouds (mainly Dropbox)
- thumb-extractor - Come up with a thumbnail image for any given URL, handy for feed readers
- badg.us - Badges & achievements for all the web