Hi, I'm Paul Houlihan. I'm not a coder, designer, or IT professional in any way. However, I am interested in the possibilities offered by the Indieweb. Having signed up for just about every social media platform in existence, I was enamored with the idea of having a home to house all of my "stuff" online. I would say I fit somewhere between Generations 2 & 3.
My lack of coding chops means that I'm somewhat limited in which tools I can use, but I've made some tentative steps and I'm proud of my accomplishments as a non-coder. These include:
- using Atom to FTP into my WordPress server
- generating a "child theme" through which I make minor edits to my site's layout and content
- working through difficult (to me) IT difficulties with my hosting provider to get Micropub working on my site
- I'd love to get my site working with ActivityPub and/or Bridgy in the same way it works with Twitter, though I understand there's a bug preventing this at present?
- Fix My "Follow" menu - currently these download the RSS files instead of displaying them in the browser.
- Work out why I can post items through MicroPub/Yarns but currently I'm not receiving any content from the websites I follow.
- Participate more on the Wiki. Less so on technical detail, but perhaps on clarifying language. Probably need to know the ins and outs of using the wiki software better though.