Paul is an artist based in Brighton & Hove, UK.
Chat Nickname: lazcorp
A Quick Introduction
I am a visual artist - primarily working in drawing, photography, and printmaking.
In my day job I've been a Front End/UI developer, a development team manager, and I am now working as a solution architect (for the past 8 years or so).
My site is focused on my artwork and my writing about my artistic practice. There is some artwork and writing by other artists and writers archived on there as well, but these days it is all about my artwork and writing.
My site is hand-coded PHP on a lightweight third-party MVC framework. No third-party JS or CSS libraries are used. No analytics packages (apart from server-side logs) are used.
I've implemented microformats on many pages now, but I'm sure there are still some missing.
I maintain a changelog for my site at https://www.lazaruscorporation.co.uk/info/version
Things I've done this past week or two
- Added a sparkline graph of blog post frequency
- Something fun with my 404 page
Things I'm planning to do in the forthcoming week or two
- Ability to follow my blog using ActivityPub e.g. on Mastodon, PixelFed, etc.,
- Ability to follow my artwork using ActivityPub e.g. on Mastodon, PixelFed, etc.,
- Display responses to blog posts received via Webmentions and PingBacks.
- Move my Notes from various social media platforms to self-hosted and then feed them to the external platforms POSSE-style (in progress!)
- Back in 2014 I led the development of https://schema.org/VisualArtwork released in schema.org v 1.93 in February 2015 (launch blog post)
An idea for some alternative content for near the top of https://indieweb.org/Getting_Started
Are you someone who just wants a convenient place to publish your thoughts?
- Pick a pre-existing IndieWeb Service
Are you a Web Developer (full stack or otherwise) and live in command lines & code?
- Steps for IndieWeb self-starters