YAML (YAML Ain't Markup Language) is a data serialization standard that some community members use as a tool to build their personal site.
Add yourself here… (see this for more details)
Tools and Services
YAML was created to be a human-readable data serialization language that was also computationally powerful. The original authors designed it with international support from the start and a focus to be everything that XML was not at the time in 2001. The two facets of YAML were created independantly by two groups who them merged their efforts to be the YAML we all know today.
- About YAML
- Quick Reference Card
- Criticism, thread: https://twitter.com/larsrosenquist/status/1200765420543840257 (Plenty of hot takes in there for everyone)
- "YAML: the result of people ignoring the lessons from JSON (the result of people ignoring the lessons from XML). Now we’re ‘coding’ infra with 3000 line typeless, indentationsensitive markup, escaping it, then embed it in another 3000 line typeless, indentationsensitive file." @larsrosenquist November 30, 2019
- lulz: https://twitter.com/jhanikhil/status/1410713976695144450
- "in cursed news: today I wrote some Kubernetes YAML that is *also* valid AT&T syntax x86_64 assembly (both print hello world)" @jhanikhil July 1, 2021
- known pathologies https://ruudvanasseldonk.com/2023/01/11/the-yaml-document-from-hell
- Criticism: https://ruudvanasseldonk.com/2023/01/11/the-yaml-document-from-hell