A web application or web app is an application written in web technologies that runs in a web browser, and sometimes standalone on some devices.
If you’re building a tool that helps a user get a specific task done but has little if any content of its own, consider building a web app.
There are many online tutorials on building web apps. If you found one that helped you in building your IndieWeb webapp, please add it here.
Some general guidance:
- 2022-12-15 An HTML-first Mental Model
Keep the following in mind:
- Start with HTML. Keep the DOM stable and shallow. Don’t overuse classes
- Use CSS selectors and animation for little UI-behavior things when possible
- Aggregate your view-model on edge
- Server-side render with vanilla
- Behaviors instead of components