I am Martijn. Once upon a time I followed an online lesson in HTML on my grandfather’s computer. Then I built websites on MSN Groups (R.I.P.) and GeoCities (R.I.P.). As of March 2016, I am working professionally with PHP at LSP Solutions. Besides that I work mostly with front-end technologies in my spare time.
Very interested in tools for a multilingual web. I speak Dutch (
en-GB), and Swedish (
sv-SE) fluently. I have a good understanding of German (
de-DE) as well.
You can link to this page using
My personal website.
- All lowercase. This is important because directory names are case-sensitive on the server.
- With a trailing
/. Less important, but canonical. It is a directory.
- Serving HTTP. Plans to move to HTTPS are being discussed.
- The domain will not be moves to HTTPS until it is moved to a new hosting company or Binero offers free certificates.
The domain name
vanderven.se was first registered in 2006 to bring all of the family’s email under a single provider. Since 2008 information about me has been available on
vanderven.se/martijn/. (Though I had a short-lived fling with
martijn.vanderven.se as well.)
The content of
vanderven.se/martijn/ has not changed since early 2014, only the presentation has.
My activity feed.
Will be published on
The domain name
licit.li was first registered in 2012 to become a personal domain (minus the use to represent myself).
- The first post using tags went live on 2016-11-25.
- Posts were given permalinks on 2016-11-23. Most readers will now be compatible with the h-feed.
- The first post happened on 2016-09-25 after going live with my own storage system.
As of 2015-07-29 it accepts webmentions through
- This is gone since 2016-09-24 when it moved to a new hosting instance and the subdomain was dropped.
- As of 2015-06-01 is it hosted by Uberspace.de and development has restarted to join the IndieWeb movement.
- Sweden’s very first Homebrew Website Club, (Göteborg, 2015-07-29).
- IndieWebCamp Düsseldorf 2016, (Düsseldorf, 2016-05-07–08).
- IndieWebCamp Brighton 2016, (Brighton, 2016-09-24–25).
- Homebrew Website Club Nürnberg, (Nürnberg, 2016-11-23).
- Met up with the Tollwerk crew and tinkered on from where I left things at IWC Brighton.
- Permalinks were added to
licit.li, as well as an editor for working on the posts.
- The Netherlands’ very first Homebrew Website Club, (Schiphol, 2016-11-30).
- Met Sebastiaan Andeweg.