Homebrew Website Club Meetup
Join us for an evening of quiet writing, wiki editing, IndieWeb demos and discussions!
- Create or update your personal web site!
- Finish that blog post you’ve been writing, edit the wiki!
- Demos of recent IndieWeb breakthroughs, share what you've gotten working!
Join a community with like-minded interests. Bring friends that want a personal site!
Any questions? Ask in the chatroom!
• - – Homebrew Website Club broadcast & peer-to-peer meetup & beforehand:
• optional 17:30-18:30 – quiet writing hour for the venues that explicitly have it.
All times are Pacific Time unless otherwise noted in venues.
- Baltimore, MD
- Digital Harbor Foundation, 1045 Light St, Baltimore, MD 21230
- 18:30 - 19:30 Eastern Time – (optional) quiet writing hour for those interested
- 19:30 - 20:30 Eastern Time – meetup
- Cancelled this time (clashes with the Clearleft Christmas party)
- The Netherlands
- Hotel/café Credible, Hertogstraat 1, Nijmegen, The Netherlands 17:30 - 19:30 (CET)
- ProvenDough, 110 St Martin's Ln, WC2N 4BA, London, England 18:00 - 20:00 (GMT)
- Los Angeles
- Virtual this week! (see below)
- Chris Aldrich is co-hosting a Virtual meetup this week (see below), but others encouraged to meet up in the area locally.
Sam's Billiards, Second Floor, 1845 NE 41st Ave, Portland, OR 19:30 - 20:30Cancelled due to snow!
- San Francisco
- GoDaddy San Francisco, 560 Sutter St Suite 300 - 3rd Floor (not suite 500), San Francisco, CA
- As an experiment, based on discussions at IWC-LA, David Shanske and Chris Aldrich are hosting a virtual HWC via Google Hangouts this week for IndieWebbers who are either can't make a regular meeting or don't yet have critical mass to host one in their area. People who are in smaller cities with 1 or 2 people could still get together in a public space for the more immediate camaraderie and link into the event as a possible means of building some momentum in their cities.
- 16:30 - 17:30 – (optional) quiet writing hour for those interested (debating live broadcast)
- 17:30 - 18:30 (Pacific) / 20:30 - 21:30 (Eastern) – meetup https://hangouts.google.com/call/hlcayy5q2zgzvbccoeq4dsncqme
17:30-18:30 Quiet writing hour before the meetup. Come on by to blog or do other writing quietly.
Homebrew Website Club Meetup: Are you building your own website? Indie reader? Personal publishing web app? Or some other digital magic-cloud proxy? If so, come on by and join a gathering of people with likeminded interests. Bring your friends that want to start a personal web site. Exchange information, swap ideas, talk shop, help work on a project...
See the Homebrew Website Club Newsletter Volume 1 Issue 1 for a description of the first meeting.
Optional RSVP - just show up! You're encouraged to RSVP by any or all of:
- adding your name below (and indicate parenthetically if you're in for writing hour)
- sending an indie RSVP to the respective indie event listed for your location,
- RSVPing on its POSSE copy on Facebook (also linked)
Or just come by and say hi! We're a friendly bunch. You may also RSVP after attending.
RSVP by adding yourself below.
- ... add yourself!
This time in Nijmegen! RSVP by adding yourself below.
Virtual this week! See below: #Virtual
Cancelled due to snow! Join the virtual meetup instead! #Virtual
- Kevin Marks
- ... add yourself!
Too far from any HWC to make it!
- Tantek Çelik - busy with family matters
Posts about the meeting:
Virtual Meetup Via Google Hangouts