Events was a session during IndieWebCamp Edinburgh 2015.
Archive of notes taken in http://etherpad.indiewebcamp.com/events
- ICS Standard - Google, Apple
- ESS https://github.com/essfeed http://essfeed.org/
- Autodiscovery of external links
<link rel="alternate" type="text/calendar" title="Open Tech Calendar" href="/api1/events.ical" />
- http://www.schema.org/Event - google "open tech calendar edinburgh"
- http://microformats.org/wiki/h-entry#Draft_Properties RSVP field
Combine with WebMentions to add to other site?
Intention problem - Make sure addition is really wanted - https://github.com/aaronpk/IndieNews/issues/9#issuecomment-124846594 link to home page
- ICS ones: Meetup,Lanyrd, EventBrite
- Facebook: oh dear no
Events in emails
- attached ICS file in GMail
Categorising problems - importing and exporting
Issues with passing events around freely
- what is original source? For changes etc
- matching events from different sources? if details are slightly different
James to do sunday: import microformats to OpenACalendar or RSVP by webmention to OpenACalendar
CalDAV endpoint/server (Fran)
Recurring events aaaargh. (rhiaro has not dealt with these for her site yet)
Public events are being done... but private events could be harder (same as private posts)
Notifications/reminders for events on your own calendar. (kegan. rhiaro wants this!)
Inline RSVPs to indie events via micropub.