IndieWebCamp Edinburgh 2015
The importance of owning your data is getting more awareness. To grow it and help people gettings started, we're meeting for a bar-camp like collaboration in Edinburgh for two days of brainstorming, working, teaching, helping.
Join us in Edinburgh and learn how to use open web technologies to empower and – maybe more importantly – encourage users to own their own content and identities.
- When: to at
- Where: NCR, 1pj, 10 Kittle Yards, Edinburgh, Scotland . http://ncredinburgh.com/
- URL: http://indiewebcamp.com/2015/Edinburgh
- Cost: Free
The canonical signup for this event is the wiki Guest List page. To add yourself, you need to:
- Sign into the wiki with indieauth (two-step instructions, screenshots)
- Then edit the Guest List to fill in your details.
- OR if that's not an option for you (eg. if you don't have your own domain yet) ping Amy Guy (by email, twitter or IRC) and she'll be happy to add you to the guest list on your behalf.
- Alternatively sign up on Attending.io, which will have the same effect.
|Day 1: Discussions||Day 2: Hacking|
Day 1: Saturday
IndieWebCamp Day 1: Sessions
Video Sessions - ▶️4:59:54s
|11:45||Getting Started / Webmention||—|
|12:30||Security, Private Posts & Access Control||—|
|14:15||Categorisation / Collection & Media||Static Sites|
|15:45||Chat (IM, Matrix)||—|
|16:30||Group Photo & Tea Break|
Day 2: Sunday
- 1 IndieWebCamp Edinburgh 2015
Individual Session wiki pages
We're grateful for the support of Matrix - the ambitious new open standard for distributed, real-time communication, interoperable Instant Messaging and VoIP - who are supporting two days of breakfast and snacks!
Thanks to NCR Edinburgh for hosting us and providing two days of lunch and use of their coffee machines!
NCR EdinburghNCR Edinburgh are graciously hosting the 2015 event in Edinburgh.
MatrixAn ambitious new open standard for distributed, real-time communication, interoperable Instant Messaging and VoIP.'"
NLNet FoundationNLNet Foundation supports organizations and people that contribute to an open information society, and protects users and developers against software patents.
Esri PortlandEsri Portland
- The Edinburgh Fringe Festival, an internationally renowned comedy/music/culture festival starts on 7th of August.
- The Edinburgh Jazz Festival runs the week ending on the 26th of July.
- Organizers: Amy Guy, Harry Reeder, and James Baster
- Want to help organize? Get in touch with us on IRC!
- Want to help out?
- Contact an organizer!
- Check the #To-do list below to see if there's something you can help out with.
- Setup wiki pages (Introductions, Demos, complete schedule etc.)
- Set up Facebook event
- Find someone to support remote participation
Questions for Organizers
Add your questions below
Put suggestions for IWC Edinburgh 2015 here.