IndieWebCamp Berlin 2016
- IndieWebCamp Los Angeles 2016 took place simultaneously in Santa Monica, California!
IndieWebCamp Berlin 2016 was a two day BarCamp-style gathering of web creators building and sharing open web technologies to empower users to own their own identities & content, and build blocks for the #indieweb!
The IndieWeb movement is a global community that is building an open set of principles and methods that empower people to take back ownership of identity and data instead of relying on 3rd party websites.
At IndieWebCamp you’ll learn about ways to empower yourself to own your data, create & publish content on your own site, and optionally syndicate to third-party silos.
Along the way you’ll get a solid grounding in the history and future of Microformats, IndieAuth, WebMention, Micropub and more!
Remote participants, see below.
IndieWebCamp BER is the weekend before famous :
- Friday (optional):
⏰- difference to LA is -8 hours on Saturday and -9 hours on Sunday
- Cost: Free
- tune into the live chat / infos
- Sunday is mostly building, so you can hear only the introduction. The saturday cast recording will be available soon.
- watch the Vidyo Conference
- (hopefully) watch an alternating stream with LA on youtube
Register for a ticket here (it's free):
Additional URLs for optional event tracking / RSVPing on various sites:
Lanyrd | Meetup | Eventbrite
(for convenience only - to attend you must register - we need the final numbers for planning food and drinks!)
- Johann Hofmann, Mozilla
- Michael Henretty, Mozilla
- Sven Knebel
- Joschi Kuphal 🐦
- Sebastian Lasse 🐦, goes from Ruhr (Pott) by car, free space
- Frederic Marx
- Matthias Ott
- Sebastian Greger 🐦
- Brennan Novak 🐦
- Christian Weiske 🐦, stays at Holiday Inn (Berlin-Mitte)
- Dennis Morhardt
- felix schwenzel
- Florian Weil
- Nicolas Bermond
- Bea David 🐦
- Marc Thiele
- Phil Rukin
- Dmitri Voronianski
- Oliver Gutperl
- Isabela Nastasa [twitter: @isabelanastasa]
- Steffen Rademacker
- chris⚡ (daiyi!)
- Jeyanthan Inbasekaran
- Dinarte Jesus
- Johannes Zellner (Sat.)
- Boopathi Rajaa
- Hernan Vicente
- Jan Sauer
- Sven A. Bischoff
- Eric Zieger
ScheduleThe working groups are listed in the
|Day 0 Prep Night (2016-11-04)||Day 1 Discussion (2016-11-05)||Day 2 Building (2016-11-06)|
|Day 0 is an optional prep night for people that want to button up their website a little bit to get ready for the IndieWebCamp proper. Organize it yourself ...||Day 1 is about discussing in a BarCamp-like environment. Bring a topic you'd like to discuss or join in on topics as they are added to the board. We make the schedule together!||Day 2 is about making things on and for your personal site! Work with others to create building blocks or on your own.|
till 18:30 Explore Berlin and add suggestions where and how to meet here: Sebastian and Joshi just arrived but they are tired. However contact Sebastian if you want to meet already.
08:00 Organizer setup
09:30 Doors open - badges
Joschi Kuphal is organizing a batch of IndieWebCamp hoodies and bringing them to IWC Berlin. The hoodies will be of proper quality (= not necessarily the cheapest ones) and printed by a local textile printer — there's no online shop or similar. Mailing the hoodies to anywhere in the world should be no problem as well but right now I've got no idea about the shipping charges (same applies to customs).
Please add yourself to the list below including the size you'd like to order (XS, S, M, L, XL, XXL, XXXL). Alternatively drop me a line on Twitter, IRC or by email and I'm happy to add you here. I'll keep this description updated as soon as I get to know any further details. Thanks for spreading the word!
Update 2016-10-17: Each hoodie will cost € 29,-- (including 19% VAT). I can write you a proper invoice if you need one. It's going to be the SOL'S UNISEX HOODED SWEAT-SHIRT and it's available in Black, Dark Grey and French Navy (as seen on the website), so please add your colour to the list as well. I will have to order the hoodies on Thursday, October 20th, at latest, otherwise it wouldn't be in time for Berlin.
Update 2016-10-20: The hoodies are in production now, there no sense in adding yourself to the list any longer. If there's demand we could think about another batch at a later time again. Thanks for all your orders!
- Joschi Kuphal (XL, French Navy)
- Martijn van der Ven:
- Black – XXXL
- Black – XXL
- Dark Grey – XXL
- French Navy – XXL
- Christian Weiske (L, Dark Grey)
- Sebastian Lasse (XL, Dark Grey)
- Dinarte Jesus (L, Dark Grey)
- Tom Arnold (M, French Navy)
- Sven Knebel (M, Dark Grey)
- Björn Stierand (M, Dark Grey) - I won't be in Berlin but I'll pick mine up at the next HWC in Nuremberg
- Ben Roberts (XXXL, Dark Grey) + shipping to the US :)
- Phil Rukin (L, Dark Grey)
- Dmitri Voronianski (L, French Navy)
- Pelle Wessman (S, French Navy)
- Isabel Forester (L, Black)
- Jonny Barnes (L, French Navy) + shipping to the UK
- Sebastian Feldmann (XXL, French Navy)
- The list is closed, please don't add yourself any longer
- Photos: https://www.flickr.com/photos/tollwerk/sets/72157672525900774/
Your organizers for IndieWebCamp Berlin 2016:
beyond tellerrandbeyond tellerrand
- Flickr photo set
This is an archive of the initial planning for IndieWebCamp Berlin 2016, originally found here.
Beyond Tellerrand Berlin 2016 is 2016-11-07..09. The organizer(s) are likely to want to hold an IndieWebCamp on the weekend before or after:
Potential Organizers: (add yourself if you can help make this happen!)
- ... need a local-to-Berlin organizer to make a venue happen!
- Marc Thiele
- Sebastian Lasse, volunteered to look for a venue during IWC Brighton (see , ) ::
- Joschi Kuphal can help organizing on-spot
Possible venues (aside from 3 regrets) :
- 2016-11-05..06 (Weekend before bt)
(!) "Mozilla Spaces" response :
[deu] "Hi Sebastian, das hört sich grundsätzlich machbar an, es hängt wahrscheinlich größtenteils davon ab, ob wir Mozilla employees finden, die Zeit zum hosten haben. Ich muss mal schauen wie es bei mir zeitlich aussieht und werd eine Email an das Büro schreiben... Was hattest du dir denn an Catering vorgestellt? Nur Lunch für zwei Tage könnte machbar sein, ..."
[eng, translated] "Hi, sounds doable. Mostly depends if we find Mozilla employees to host. I will see if I can make him [note by editor: strongly convinced him again] and will write a mail to the office. What did you like for catering? Just lunch for two days could be doable. [note by editor: ordered enough coffee]"
- Saturday / Sunday preferred
- 2016-11-05..06 CONFIRMED (Weekend before bt)
- +1 Tantek Çelik I support this though I'm likely to be going to IWC LA that weekend. Would be cool to have simultaneous IWCs and cross-time-zone collaboration!
- +1 Christian Weiske
- +1 Joschi Kuphal
- +1 Martijn van der Ven – would be nice as I can try to stay around for Accessibility Club
- +1 Sebastian Greger
- +1 Matthias Ott
- +0 Sven Knebel – don't really care, both dates are fine
- +1 Marc Thiele – I am in Berlin. Have to organise a lot for beyond tellerrand, but am physically somehow there
- +0 Tantek Çelik I can't make this (at Science Hack Day) but highly support it happening!
- -1 Joschi Kuphal (not able to make it that weekend)
- +0 Martijn van der Ven
- +1 Sebastian Lasse
- +1 Jeremy Keith
- +0 Sven Knebel – don't really care, both dates are fine
- -1 Marc Thiele – won't be in Berlin anymore