This article is a stub. You can help the IndieWeb wiki by expanding it.
IndieWebCamp Cambridge MIT 2016
For those who would like to watch or participate remotely, tune into the live chat (tons of realtime notes!) and the video livestream.
Join us at MIT for two days of a BarCamp-style gathering of web creators building and sharing open web technologies to empower users to own their own identities & content, and advance the state of the indie web!
The IndieWeb movement is a global community that is building an open set of principles and methods that empower people to take back ownership of identity and data instead of relying on 3rd party websites.
At IndieWebCamp you’ll learn about ways to empower yourself to own your data, create and publish content on your own site, and only optionally syndicate to third-party silos. Along the way you’ll get a solid grounding in the history and future of Microformats, domain ownership, IndieAuth, WebMention and more!
Rooms D463 (Star) and G449 (Patil/Kiva) (see schedule for which room when), MIT Stata Centre, 32 Vassar St, Cambridge
- Indie Event: https://aaronparecki.com/2016/03/14/1/indiewebcamp
- Guest List
- Eventbrite: https://www.eventbrite.com/e/indiewebcamp-mit-2016-tickets-20820505693
- Lanyrd: http://lanyrd.com/2016/indiewebcamp-mit/
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/events/1694292320854364/
|Day 1 Discussion||Day 2 Hacking|
Day 1 is about discussing in a BarCamp-like environment. Bring a topic you'd like to discuss or join in on topics as they are added to the board.
Day 2 is about implementing what we discussed. Work with others or on your own. We'll have demos at the end of the day to see what everyone worked on!
Room: Patil/Kiva (G449)
09:00 Organizer setup
Room: Star (D463)
09:00 Organizer setup
NLNet FoundationNLNet Foundation supports organizations and people that contribute to an open information society, and protects users and developers against software patents.
Start of the day:
Except Veggie Galaxy had a 25 minute wait, so we went to Asgard for dinner & drinks.
Notes and blog posts from and about IndieWebCamp MIT 2016!
- 2016-03-15 Kevin Marks IndieWeb Camp MIT 2016-03-15 demo notes
- ...: W3C Social Web Working Group face-to-face meeting at MIT, Cambridge, Massachusetts. https://www.w3.org/wiki/Socialwg/2016-03-16 (requires Working Group membership, or permission from chairs to attend as an observer).
- ...: libreplanet at MIT, Cambridge, Massachusetts. https://libreplanet.org/2016/
- Earlier: IndieWebCamp MIT 2015