IndieWebCamp MIT 2016 Planning
Your organizers for IndieWebCamp MIT 2016:
Want to help IndieWebCamp MIT run as smoothly as possible? Sign up to volunteer!
Any questions about volunteering? Ask one of the organizers in IRC.
Organizers, feel free to take these tasks and either quickly do them, or claim them (to work on them) and your name in front of the item.
- update the 2016/MIT page to have all the same sections as 2015/MIT
- create all other 2016/MIT/ subpages (see 2015/MIT for what subpages it has)
- ... add anything else to this list that you think needs to be done before the event!
- See IndieWebCamps#Before and make sure all items have been taken care of.
- Reach out to all the people here that people know that may have an interest in participating, especially with web-wide webmention based comments!
- Invite them to the FB event at least.
- @-name invite them to the wiki
General areas/roles of responsibility that we need organizer / volunteer help with.
- Video equipment for broadcasting (and hopefully recording) demos:
- What are the number of rooms available simultaneously, capacity, and facilities in the event we break into groups?
- room 1, size, capacity, display(s)
- room 2, size, capacity, display(s)
- room 3, size, capacity, display(s)
- Do we have Large (4x6 or bigger) sticky notes?
- ... have sharpies?
This is an archive of the initial planning for IndieWebCamp MIT 2016, originally found here.
- note: 03-16…17 is the W3C Social Web WG f2f 
- 03-13…14 SuMo IWC before W3C Social Web WG f2f
- -1 Ben Roberts Commuter Rail won't get me in until the afternoon on sundays
- 03-14…15 MoTu IWC right before W3C Social Web WG f2f is 03-16…17 (VENUE CONFIRMED!)
- +1 Ben Roberts This worked out well last year
- +1 Tantek Çelik 03-14 is Gregorian pi day, and we can get lots of stuff working to demo at Social Web WG
- +1 Bridget H This works for me. Should I bring pie for pi day?
- +1 Aaron Parecki
- +1 Cassie (sensible.mn and cassie.wtf) I'll be in town again for Libreplanet, so this would be perfect!
- 03-18…19 FrSa IWC right after W3C Social Web WG f2f
- note: 03-19…20 Libreplanet