IndieWebCamp West Coast is an online IndieWebCamp -; the first 100% online IndieWebCamp based on Pacific Time Zone hours.
This event is now scheduled for June 27-28 2020, as the in-person 10th Annual IndieWeb Summit was scheduled for that week.
Own your data.
We should all own the content we're creating, rather than just posting to third-party content silos.
Publish on your own domain, and syndicate to social media.
Be a part of advancing & growing the open independent web with the latest in decentralized web technologies.
- Please read through our Code of Conduct
- Never attended a camp before? See Attending IndieWebCamp for what to expect and maybe do some pre-camp set up to make your real time attendance less stressful. (See the Pre-Event section below for a possible online walk through to familiarize yourself with our tools, ask questions and get ready before the day of camp.)
- Session Proposals
- Schedule Grid - hyperlinked to actual session pages
- See also Demos
- Planning Notes and Brainstorming
IndieWebCamp has a strong tradition of remote participation, typically using chat, Zoom and Etherpad during as well as after the event. More details and links for remote participation will be posted here on the days of the event. Also feel free to join us on chat to get realtime updates and conversation before, during, and after the camp. (Direct web chat link here.)
Much like in-person IndieWebCamps, we are following a Bar Camp style format. To facilitate the process and because the camp is entirely online, we're already beginning to accept session ideas and proposals ahead of camp. Camps are interesting because of what participants bring to them, so all attendees are encouraged (but not required) to present or facilitate a session or otherwise contribute to the event. This doesn't mean you need to be an expert on the topic you're interested in--far from it! Sessions on concepts that have never been done before are frequently proposed and this is how we break new ground.
Time for session brainstorming and scheduling will be set aside on the day of the event so that people can think about what they'd like to share, learn, and discuss for the balance of the day. However, if you have time before camp feel free to sketch out your ideas in the Etherpad for session proposals.
Organizers And Volunteers
We are still looking for organizers to help brainstorm new ideas for executing this event. Have questions about organizing? Ask in the IndieWeb Meta chat.
- Tantek Çelik - wiki gardening
As always, we can use volunteers in a variety of places either before camp or on the days of. Do you have special talents you'd like to share with the community? List yourself below or ask for advice in the IndieWeb Meta chat. See something that needs doing, feel free to pitch in as you have time?
- Co-hosts for Zoom rooms to help on the tech side and oversee
- Code of Conduct point of contact(s)
- Note taking during camp and sessions
- Wiki gardening
- Welcoming newcomers
- Sponsor wrangling
- Ideas that may need help/work: Planning Notes and Brainstorming
- Consider coordinating with SofaConf!
- June 22-26
- "a five-day online design conference from Clearleft"
- Chris Aldrich is planning for a pre-camp walk through of Zoom, chat, and Etherpad functionality for people who've never set these up or used them previously. (Please email me or ping me in chat to let me know if you're interested in such a pre-session along with convenient day/time.)
- Zoom We will use Zoom as the video platform for sessions, intros, and demos.
- wiki All session grids and schedules will be listed
- Etherpad - All sessions will have an etherpad for live note taking and brainstorming on the day of the event
- IndieWeb chat - there are a variety of methods/ways to access the various chat channels on the wiki.
- Audio/Video - recordings of all sessions will be placed on archive.org for individuals who did not participate to watch after-the-fact.
- Check back for links to the livestream(s) on the days of Camp
💬 Join the chat: discuss
Posts about IndieWebCamp 2020 West:
- Add yourself here… (see this for more details)