2020/Create Day Intro
Create Day Intro has the organizational details for day two of IndieWebCamp West 2020.
The details below were archived from the etherpad at https://etherpad.indieweb.org/2020-West-Projects which was used for people to announce what they were going to work on for the day as well as to organize groups of people who wanted to work on similar projects or needed help on similar topics.
- 1 Participants
- 2 Projects
- 2.1 Redesign person-tagging for consent and respect
- 2.2 Bookshelf on my website
- 2.3 Wikifying Yourself
- 2.4 An IndieWeb Sandbox
- 2.5 Adding a user hovercard
- 2.6 Including Avatars in Webmentions
- 2.7 RSS / Webmentions using IFTTT
- 2.8 AutoAuth
- 2.9 Light/Dark theme selector
- 2.10 Better blog post design
- 2.11 Fixing up Webmention stuff
- 2.12 Getting started in IndieWeb!
- 2.13 Investigating Web Rings
- 2.14 WordPressy Stuff
- 2.15 Update daily photo work flow
- 2.16 Your New Project Here
Need help brainstorming or making something? Try checking in or asking at:
- IndieWeb Chat: https://chat.indieweb.org
- Hallway Track Zoom room: https://us02web.zoom.us/j/81366554361?pwd=dFNEdXRxeDBZYmtwUGVlNlYvNGRNUT09
Want to add your project? Scroll ALL the way to the BOTTOM :)
Redesign person-tagging for consent and respect
- person-tag UX rethinking/documentation (follow-up from Tag You're It session)
- Full URL for easier clicking: https://indieweb.org/2020/West/tag-youre-it
- Orange Room for brainstorming: https://us02web.zoom.us/j/88558333497?pwd=SFVGbGhUcFBkaTVadjRGdG5ZOGhEZz09
Might want a room for this. Going to warm up some lunch.
- Tantek Çelik
- Chris Aldrich interested, but doing wikify for a bit...
- Add yourself here… (see this for more details)
Bookshelf on my website
- Building a Bookshelf
- Greg McVerry
- I want a bookshelf where the cover flips and brief summary of book review is on back with link to longer post
- currently working at: https://codepen.io/smashingmag/pen/xxGKLZO
- thinking shelf will be an h-feed with each entry and h-entry unless I add a star review and then it becomes h-review
Need help getting yourself settled on the wiki? We'll go through some wiki-related pieces to help get people started. See also wikify
- Zoom link: https://us02web.zoom.us/j/89605996134?pwd=UkJ0SjZFY0JQdENBdHJQSzcyei82QT09
- Finished at 12:30 PM
An IndieWeb Sandbox
What can be done with free tools to give folks something to try-before-they-buy? Planning to look at neocities.org for hosting static HTML/files and glitch.com for the active glue for IndieWeb building blocks like Micropub, IndieAuth, and more.
Marty McGuire has some brainstorming here: https://indieweb.org/User:Martymcgui.re/IndieWeb-Sandbox very slowly starting a glitch project here to work through some of the onboarding ideas: https://glitch.com/edit/#!/sapphire-sulky-clover
Adding a user hovercard
(on reply/single.html page on Micro.blog )
Using .Params.reply_to_avatar and .Params.reply_to_username to the hovercard. Hopefully, can find a way to add more things by the end of day.
Including Avatars in Webmentions
Create an h-card that includes my site avatar when I share a webmention response from my site to another user
Example of a current webmention: https://www.linuxbookpro.com/webmention-post-to-chris-aldrich/ The anonymous avatar that resulted: https://boffosocko.com/2020/03/26/55769669/#div-comment-283246 Ideal Result would be an icon hosted on my site such as WordPress' "custom-logo" or a specfic image such as
RSS / Webmentions using IFTTT
- Specific focus on Using RSS Feeds to send automatic webmentions with IFTTT
- ... would like to create several RSS Feeds (by content) and use them to trigger an IFTTT action to a webmention endpoint
- Sven Knebel not really a project for me today, but if you want to discuss it ping me in chat
- Jacky Alciné - learning more of the weeds so I can begin working to add this to Fortress
- Aaron Parecki
Light/Dark theme selector
- David Bryant - Several sites demoed yesterday had selectors to let visitors chose light or dark theme based on an in-page control, and I'd like to add that to my site (www.disquisitioner.com). I've done some preliminary investigating (e.g., https://mxb.dev/blog/color-theme-switcher/) and, given my site is based on Eleventy, propose to use a combination of Nunjuck templating and HTML data-attributes (which are new to me).
Better blog post design
- Aaron Parecki - I haven't been super happy with my blog post page design lately so I am making a few changes to it
Fixing up Webmention stuff
- Jacky Alciné Fixing the discovery tool at https://lighthouse.black.af/tools/sending/preview
- Jacky Alciné Implementing asynchronous Webmentions for Fortress users
Getting started in IndieWeb!
- Rebelle - Figuring out where the door is. ;) If Micro.blog is good enough for now, as I don't have a hand-coded site yet. Though I did create an html page that loads properly everywhere, with zero CSS, because I was mad at crappy CSS everywhere.
Investigating Web Rings
- as a possible SDI solution for the Nocode movement, where I am based
- Rebelle - Multiple conversations this week with the leaders of Nocode, as Amazon launches their Honeycode (?) product. How to record the rapid development so far, and catalog 100s of new projects every day when the entire field, by definition, has little understanding of html. Is a web ring a possible solution?
- Updated each repo as I worked on it to use a trunk instead of master branch
- Fixed URL rewrites to allow pagination in onthisday and kind based date archives
- Fixed URL rewrites to allow map views on any taxonomy or user
- Backported various tweaks into IW26 upstream from TwentySixteen and _s
- Added simple map view link to various archive pages inside theme
- Updated Syndication Links for WordPress to support Reddit as an option, merged some PRs and refreshed the icon set
- https://david.shanske.com/2018/11/28/ - Note map link to map on archive pages
Update daily photo work flow
Update my daily photo work flow
Your New Project Here
- ... add your project idea and yourself by copy pasting this section right above it (leave this in place for the next person to copy/paste it :)