Fortress is an IndieAuth provider and consumer service that allows one to have drop-in support to use their site as an identity on the Web. This project is being worked on by Jacky Alciné as soon as Koype reaches its initial release.
- Sign in support using IndieAuth
- Generating placeholder profile URIs for non-IndieWeb users (see Fortress#Shadow_Profiles).
In order to support identification of people who don't have IndieWeb sites but are requested to have access to one's site (in the case of private posts), Fortress aims to generate short-lived h-card powered pages that can be used to help people hold onto a temporary identifier. They come with a few quirks:
- They expire after a month after their creation
- They only expose only one identity at a time
- Demo version that's worked on at fortress.localtunnel.me
- "Distributed sign in that'd help facilitate nomadic identities on the Web by way of #Fortress :)" @jalcine March 2, 2019