The project is currently still underway and an example of the single tenant site is available at v2.jacky.wtf. The source code is at git.jacky.wtf. See https://koype.net for more information about the project.
For its first release (v0.1.0), Koype aims to have the following features:
- self-hosted authentication via IndieAuth
- self-hosted posts management via Micropub
- self-hosted web mention support via Webmentions
- self-hosted subscription tooling via Microsub
- a dedicated page for simplifying the act of following page
- abstracted object storage support
- emit nodeinfo information
- support for a nickname cache
Koype aims to ship with loads of IndieWeb specific features as well as some other protocols and standards that allow other platforms to interact with it. Despite having everything in it, it'll allow for external configuration pointing to allow for plurality of the building blocks used by Koype.
Webmention Sending and Receiving
Status: working on
Koype provides an internal system for processing and handling WebMentions. There's a dashboard to view incoming webmentions.
- Add listing/record of outgoing webmentions - currently visible on jobs page
- Searching by:
- Blocking by
- source domains (regex)
- source types (regex)
- Permitting a fixed list of types to be shown
Koype provides an in-built IndieAuth system for authenticating the site against remote services. It also provides support for swapping out the in-built system for a third-party service like IndieLogin or Fortress.
Status: in progress
Koype allows for one to store h-card information about people in a lightweight fashion using Micropub. For ease of use, immediately searchable attributes are stored to the database. Everything else is stored to longer term storage (the object storage system). This makes it easy to look up people in the future and mention them when appropriate.
Koype has support for the following post types:
Planned Post Types
The following are post types that are on the list of things to support but aren't being actively worked on as of yet.
- 03: IndieAuth support has implemented with 100% coverage. Will fail aggressively if client application does not emit h-x-app or h-app information.
- 10: Baseline Micropub support is underway. Plans on how storage of entries is still lightly in the air.
- 26: Post-type detection is provided.
- 27: Automatic sign-in support for applications under the user's choosing.
- 28: dogfooding has begun: https://v2.jacky.wtf/entry/8f8433dc-3433-4542-a3ea-7acbf0edba60
- 30: Solidified design of posts
These are screen captures from the test suite taken on January 15, 2019.
- Login page
- Setup page
- Settings page