One can do this manually and some plugins support automatically adding their links as well.
Settings for the Syndication Links plugin can be found in the main WordPress “Settings” tab in the admin dashboard, or if the Indieweb plugin is installed, under the Indieweb tab. The options provided allow for various ways of presenting the syndication links in posts. Syndication Links by default will add links to the content. You can remove this in your plugin if you wish to call the display function directly.
The settings include the following options as follows with either a set of buttons, a check box (with a check indicating that the feature is “on”) or an optional text field:
- Display Text – Offers options to display text only, icons only, icons and text, and no display(hidden icons).
- Size – Choice of small, medium, or large size icons.
- Black Icons – Checking the box defaults to a “black” social media icon set.
- Show on Front Page, Archive Page, and Search Results – If checked the icons will show on pages other than a single view. If not checked, the icons will be hidden by the links will remain.
- Text Before Links – This is the text that appears before the Display Text/Icons (as indicated above). The default text is “Syndicated to:” but can be modified if desired.
Development for the plugin is hosted on Github.