Ruby is a programming language and web server runtime environment used for some IndieWeb projects.
Examples of indieweb community members who are using Ruby on their personal sites:
Generally useful libraries being developed by IndieWeb participants in Ruby.
- indieweb/indieweb-endpoints-ruby - an endpoint discovery Ruby gem
- indieweb/webmention-client-ruby - a Webmention client Ruby gem
- microformats/microformats-ruby - a microformats2 parser Ruby gem
- jgarber623/webmention-verification-ruby - a Webmention verification Ruby gem
- srushe/indieweb-post_types - a post-type-discovery Ruby gem
- srushe/indieweb-post_types-bookmark - a bookmark post-type-discovery Ruby gem
- craftyphotons/indieauth_discovery - profile and client discovery for IndieAuth clients and providers as a Ruby gem
Non-IndieWeb-specific libraries that may still be of interest.
IndieWeb projects built with Ruby:
Ruby does not have PHP's ubiquity, and finding hosting can be a little bit more of a challenge. See web_hosting for more details.
- Amazon Web Services
Looking for help with your Ruby project? Need a code review? The following IndieWeb folks may be able to help:
- Hans Gerwitz is building Sitewriter with on Sinatra and is a competent hacker with Ruby. Glad to help.
- Barry Frost can help on issues with Ruby and Sinatra projects. His GitHub username is barryf.
- Stephen Rushe can also help with Ruby questions and reviews. You can find him on Github as srushe.
- craftyphotons has many years of experience with Ruby, Ruby on Rails, and Ruby for infrastructure automation and DevOps tooling like Chef. His GitHub username is craftyphotons and is happy to be tagged in issues or PRs.