Ruby is a programming language and web server runtime environment used for some IndieWeb projects.
Examples of indieweb community members who are using Ruby on their personal sites:
Generally useful libraries being developed by IndieWeb participants in Ruby.
- indieweb/indieweb-endpoints-ruby - an endpoint discovery Ruby gem
- indieweb/webmention-client-ruby - a Webmention client Ruby gem
- microformats/microformats-ruby - a microformats2 parser Ruby gem
- jgarber623/webmention-verification-ruby - a Webmention verification Ruby gem
- srushe/indieweb-post_types - a post-type-discovery Ruby gem
- srushe/indieweb-post_types-bookmark - a bookmark post-type-discovery Ruby gem
Non-IndieWeb-specific libraries that may still be of interest.
IndieWeb projects built with Ruby:
Ruby does not have PHP's ubiquity, and finding hosting can be a little bit more of a challenge. See web_hosting for more details.
- Amazon Web Services
Looking for help with your Ruby project? Need a code review? The following IndieWeb folks may be able to help:
- Hans Gerwitz is building Sitewriter with on Sinatra and is a competent hacker with Ruby. Glad to help.
- Barry Frost can help on issues with Ruby and Sinatra projects. His GitHub username is barryf.
- Stephen Rushe can also help with Ruby questions and reviews. You can find him on Github as srushe.