remote participation refers to good practices for enabling people to take part in IndieWebCamp events at a different location and collaboration across locations.
See Barnaby Walters's blog post on Pros, Cons and a formula for Remote Participation at events.
- Setup a talky.io channel for the camp, e.g. talky.io/indiewebcampnyc or Google Hangouts
For Homebrew Website Club:
- Setup and share a Vidyo URL
- laptop with a camera
Helpful for a site/room with multiple people:
- HD Webcam, e.g. Logitech HD Pro Webcam C920
- External conference microphone, e.g. Jabra Speak 510
- wireless so you can place it in the middle of a table
- dedicated conference microphones work better at cancelling echos and picking up a whole room
Helpful for an individual
- Headphones/headset with microphone (helps reduce/eliminate echoes/feedback)