start a page
To start a page on the indiewebcamp wiki, either
- Edit an existing page. Add a link to new-page, then save the page.
- Click the new-page link, then click "edit this page."
- Type the URL of the desired page directly into the browser address bar, then click "edit this page."
Then start by copy pasting the following:
And lastly, include a simple 1-2 sentence definition of what the page is about. E.g. if the page is about "Widget-Company", start with something like:
<span class="p-summary">'''<dfn>Widget-Company</dfn>''' is a ...</span>
and complete that sentence including any indieweb relevance.
If there is no indieweb relevance, then DO NOT create the page.
If you need something to link to, link to a Wikipedia page instead of making a non-indieweb-relevant stub.
You may also want to redirect a new page to an existing page or section/heading therein.
- See redirect for how to do that.
For more on how and what to add to the wiki, see:
Recognize that naming is hard.
- Use short, plain words, using a space (" ") or dash ("-") between multiple words.
- Please DO NOT use WikiWords (AKA CamelCase) when naming pages because they are less discoverable, and worse for search results (both in site-search and web-search).
Questions about naming a new page?
- Ask in discuss#meta
May I copy paste from another site
Q: Is it ok if I mostly copy+paste a definition from the site of the product/company (e.g. WidgeCo in example above) that I'm creating a new page for?
A: Rather than copy/paste from their site, try to rephrase a definition so it sounds neutral, factual, and uses indieweb terminology when possible, which should then be
[[ ]] linked.
See: expand a page.