Jump to navigation Jump to search
RSVPs was a session at IndieWebCamp NYC2 2016.
Notes archived from: https://etherpad.indieweb.org/rsvp
Video at: https://youtu.be/H0Hq2NDdhEM?t=1h9m
When: 2016-08-27 15:00
- Tantek Çelik (session facilitator)
- Jess Klein
- Marty McGuire
- Aaron Jorbin - http://aaron.jorb.in/
- ... more, please add yourself if you were here!
step 1: write an RSVP post
- My failed one is https://daily.jorb.in/2016/08/19/im-attending-indiewebcamp-nyc/ which is likely
- http://codepen.io/iamjessklein/pen/rLXwOw - Jess made the codepen
Tantek made several improvements to the instructions atop the RSVP page based on our discussion.
How can RSVPs be better in the future:
- Specify +1s
- Specify attending virtually
- Maybe food preferences (for each attendee)
- more to do with the person rather than the RSVP
- should be in the h-card?
- also: accessibility needs
RSVP to a wedding - need to explicit WHICH of the food options you want.
RSVPing to an IndieWebCamp, you may need to ask for your prefs in general, e.g. vegetarian, kosher. Or tea in addition to coffee. Or allergies, e.g. peanut allergy.
- Childcare requests is pertinent as well; we received a request for that at IndieWeb Summit 2016.