Distributed Web was a session at IndieWeb Summit 2018.
Notes archived from: https://etherpad.indieweb.org/dweb
IndieWeb Summit Portland 2018
Session: Distributed Web
When: 2018-06-26 14:15
- dietrich (session facilitator)
- AJ Jordan
- Tantek Çelik
- Jamey Sharp
- William Hertling
- Forrest Hawes-Elorri cascadiahost/cascadiacomputingcooperative
- Jim Pick (see demo links below)
A distributed architecture circumvents: government censorship
Competing Specifications for Transport and / or Schema layers
- IPFS / Ethereum / Maidsafe
- Perkeep nee Camlistore
- Recursive InterNetwork Architecture
- Effort to enable IPFS / Dat / SSB as extensions * https://github.com/mozilla/libdweb
Replica of the schedule over dat dat://44cb7c6f89844dc4e8fee6e444ac7c6d5a5f5b8e1a4a224866401e955837a401/#schedule
https://fed.brid.gy/ lets existing IndieWeb and OStatus/ActivityPub sites interoperate.
https://dl.acm.org/citation.cfm?id=1349793 ^^^^ author: John Day; Title: "Patterns in Network Architecture: A Return to Fundamentals" (posted by Forrest Hawes; the above ACM link is posted rather than Amazon book link)
Tantek Çelik: I would like to serve my pages from my current website, with alternate links to e.g. dat and ipfs URLs/hashes, so anyone loads my site in a local network, then anyone else in that local network can get (preferably) that content locally rather than re-retrieving it from my server
Disaster preparedness (RINA)
Use of language is important. Need to be more inclusive with the language we are using.
There are tons of things in the world are important, the indieweb is concerned with some specific things, and that's ok. Personal websites, how they can talk to each other.
Jim Pick's Dat Demos: (come ask me for a personal demo!)
- https://dat-quick-publish.glitch.me/ (one click publishing to dat)
- https://dat-shopping-list.glitch.me/ (online/offline multiwriter dat - multiple devices/users)
- https://dat-tiddlywiki.glitch.me/ (multiple writers, merging)