Perkeep (formerly Camlistore) is a blob based storage system written in Go that can store many types of files and data in a distributed fashion.
- introduction video: Camlistore: your personal storage system for life
- Automatic de-duplication of data/files/blobs
- Use one or more of many different back-ends (S3, Google Drive, local file system, etc)
- Ability to share files or folders publicly or securely
- History and automatic versioning of all data
- PASTA support for creating a personal archive of posts from several silos. Includes importers for services such as Flickr, Foursquare(Swarm), Twitter, Pinboard, and Google Photos. It can also import posts from RSS, Atom, and RDF feeds.
- Though not an officially supported Google project, contributors must sign Google's Contributor License Agreement . This is an explicit copyright and patent license, not an assignment of ownership; contributors still retain full ownership of their contributions. Nevertheless, some open source developers object to CLAs in general. More information on Google's CLA can be found at cla.developers.google.com and opensource.google.com.