Google Play Music
- Unlimited streaming of countless albums and artists
- Ability to download to device for offline listening
- Can upload up to 50,000 of your personal collection which then gets blended with the streaming service for your own personal mega-library.
No API is provided although a couple of unofficial ones have been created. But their current states are unknown.
Article on how this is implemented : Semi-automated PESOS from google play music
- At the moment the following things are pulled through:
- Basic album info
- Album art.
- See an example of the data being used on David's web site.
User:Tristanhavelick.com has created a page that contains tracks recently played on Google Play Music. Here's roughly how it works:
- https://github.com/erik/lastcast is used to post tracks played in Google Play Music via Google Home or Chromecast to the website libre.fm (which is an open source version of last.fm)
- The page https://www.tristanhavelick.com/music/ is generated from the data exposed on this libre.fm API endpoint: https://libre.fm/2.0/?method=user.getrecenttracks&user=thavelick&page=1&limit=10&format=json