UBOSbox is a commercial home server product produced by Indie Computing Corp. It is is the successor of the Indie Box Project.
Even geeks often have a hard time finding out how to install web apps, or regularly backing them up or upgrading them. For non-geeks, it's totally impossible, which is one of the reasons they need to go to the big silos instead of the indie web. UBOSbox is intended to make this much more accessible to geeks and humans, so everybody can have their own site under they own control.
UBOSboxes run UBOS (pronounced You-Boss), a Linux distro optimized for personal servers and IoT Devices.
- Announcement of UBOSbox Nextcloud at the Nextcloud Conference 2018 in Berlin Germany: video
Sessions about Indie Box:
Articles about the Indie Box project:
- 2014-10-22 Postscapes: Personal server software UBOS lets users run their own clouds, control their own data
- 2014-07 Inc Magazine: The Revolution Will Not Be Monetized
- 2014-05-29 IndieGoGo crowdfunding canceled See also: Crowdfunding FAQ
- 2014-05-12 Klint Finley on Wired.com: Out in the Open: The Tiny Box That Lets You Take Your Data Back From Google
- 2014-05-08 Cory Doctorow at BoingBoing: Crowdfunding Indie Box, a human-usable personal server to replace big Internet companies