IndieWeb Summit 2018 is June 26-27, 2018 in Portland, Oregon; the eighth annual gathering for independent web creators of all kinds, graphic artists, designers, UX engineers, coders, hackers, to share ideas, create & improve their personal websites, and build upon each others creations.
- Optional Leaders Summit Monday June 25th (see 2018/Leaders if you're not sure if you should come)
- Eliot Center
1226 SW Salmon St
- 1 Summary
- 2 RSVP
- 3 Schedule
- 4 Participating
- 5 Travel and Lodging
- 6 Attractions and other activities
- 7 Blog
- 8 Projects
- 9 Organizers
- 10 Planning
- 11 See Also
Register and RSVP on
You can optionally add yourself to: The Guest Book to indicate your interest in participating!
- Calagator: http://calagator.org/events/1250473691
- Upcoming: https://upcoming.org/event/indieweb-summit-aev76z5310
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/events/442208779562298/
June 25-29 will be an exciting IndieWeb Week! Check out these events while you’re in town!
- 2018-06-25 5:30pm IndieWeb pre-summit social meetup at Pine Street Market!
- Monday night before day 1 of IndieWeb Summit
- 2018-06-26 6:00pm DonutJS!
- Tuesday night after day 1 of IndieWeb Summit
- 2018-06-27 6:29am November Project Portland (#NP_PDX)
- Just show up at the Salmon Street Fountain - free outdoor workout!
- 2018-06-29 all day - Open Source Bridge unconference / BarCamp!
- Consider signing up for Open Source Bridge, Friday June 29, 2018 (register for OSBridge 2018 on ti.to)
- Monday June 25th
- morning: 2018/Leaders
- evening: pre-party open to all (bring friends and guests no problem)
- Tuesday June 26th - Wednesday June 27th
- See: session grid
|Day 1 Discussing||Day 2 Making|
|Day 1 is about discussing in a BarCamp-like environment. Bring a topic you'd like to discuss or join in on topics as they are added to the board.||Day 2 is about making things on and for your personal site! Work with others or on your own.|
- Please read through our Code of Conduct
- Session Grid - session proposals and session grid
- 2018/Demos - day 2 demos
- Guest Book - add yourself to the guest book
IndieWebCamp has a strong tradition of remote participation, typically using chat, Google Hangouts and Etherpad during as well as after the event.
- Add yourself to: Remote Participants Guest Book to indicate interest in remote participation!
- Please do not register for a ticket on ti.to, since we use those registration numbers to estimate food and space requirements
If you can't get to the event, consider remote participating or finding/running an IndieWebCamp remote party near you.
Travel and Lodging
✈️ PDX Airport. If you are flying to Portland, Oregon, PDX is the airport you want.
🚈 From the PDX airport, the MAX will drop you off downtown a few blocks from the venue. It costs $2.50 for a ticket. Public Transit directions
Lyft or Uber
🚙 You can also take Lyft or Uber from the airport, they will pick you up in the lower level, in a section named "Transportation Network Companies." The cost will be about $18-22 for UberX. More info on the Uber blog.
🚕 If you want to take a local cab, Aaron Parecki recommends calling Radio Cab (503-227-1212) when you are just outside security, and they will meet you in the lower level for pickup. Alternately, there is usually a line of cabs ready to take people in the lower level.
🏫 Here are a few nearby recommended hotels:
- The Nines - website yelp
- Ace Hotel - website (Influencer Media Stay Request), yelp
- Mariott City Center - website yelp
- The Society Hotel - website yelp
- Hotel Monaco
- add yourself here if you are interested in sharing a room with others!
AirBnB or Couchsurfing
🏡 Some alternatives to hotels are
Attractions and other activities
If you have favorite things in Portland to recommend, please add them!
Food and drink
- 🍩 Blue Star Donuts has SIX Portland locations now (including apparently one at the airport).
- 🍜 Prasad makes excellent vegan bowls (and is connected with a yoga studio)
- 🍜 The Whole Bowl also makes excellent vegan bowls
- 🏃🏻 November Project PDX (also on Instagram) meets Wednesday mornings for a good run + body weight exercises circuit workout (free)
- 👾 Ground Kontrol has a good set of video games and pinball machines
Blog and post about IndieWeb Summit! See what others are posting: http://tagboard.com/indieweb
See the Guest Book for what people have worked on and thought they might work at IndieWeb Summit.
After IndieWeb Summit, see what the attendees built and demoed!
🤓 Have you helped organize an IndieWebCamp or series of Homebrew Website Clubs and want to help out with our annual IndieWeb Summit? Add yourself below, and what you'd like to / are available help do to make the summit happen:
- Aaron Parecki - lead organizer, onsite in Portland, venue
- Tantek Çelik - all kinds of wiki things (like this page and subpages), outreach, possibly cross-promotion with related events, Leaders Summit venue
- Add yourself here… (see this for more details)
🤗 Participated in an IndieWebCamp and want to help out new folks? Or just passionate to help out any way you can? Add yourself here!
- gRegor Morrill - wiki gardening, lulz
- Marty McGuire - wiki gardening, bringing misc items for the event, outreach, coordinating demos, etc.
- Add yourself here… (see this for more details)
IndieWeb Summit is currently being planned! More information as it becomes available.