Hi! I'm John. I work for a large software company located the beautiful Pacific Northwest. I've spent a couple of decades designing, building, and deploying large systems on a wide variety of platforms. I've also spent a fair bit of time as an editor and writer for a couple of industry journals and led or helped develop web and industry standards such as XML, Business Process Execution Language (BPEL), ebXML, and many others. I've been experimenting with various IndieWeb standards over the past few years and am very interested in getting more involved in the development and maintenance of them.
- Cleaning up my blog and posting more frequently
- Learning more about IndieWeb
- Hacking and frequently breaking a version of Cartulary to add better support for IndieWeb. This hack will be my new blog someday if get it working the way I like.
- Kidding myself that someday I'll be able to play electric guitar
- Add proper home and about pages
- Add structure to my blog so that entries are better formatted. I really like Dave Winer's posting style and would love to develop a template or plugin to easily use this style with Known.
- Dave Jones has built a very interesting "digital archiver" that I would love to get integrated with my site and modify it to support IndieWeb standards.
- I'm currently using Dave Winer's excellent Radio3 as a LinkBlog. I'd like to get it better integrated into my blog.
- Hoping to get more involved with developing or evolving IndieWeb standards.