Hello. I'm Jeremy and I have been online a long, long time. In all that time, though, I have never really understood the machinery that makes everything work. I don't think I ever will.
I'm very attracted to the ideas and philosophy of indieweb and POSSE, and started experimenting a long while back on Another Site. That worked well enough, but I didn't have the kind of access to break it that I really wanted, so I recently installed Known under my main site.
That site is built with Grav, with a sidebar that uses a plugin to pull in streams from an instance of Known that runs under a subdomain and a stream from Reading.am, see Reading, coding and commenting and Using Reading.am with Grav
At the moment I have project-specific sites running under WordPress (fornacalia for bread making, Eat This Podcast for podcasting, and the Agricultural Biodiversity Weblog, a kind of news-aggregator where a colleague now provides most of the content and I manage the site).
Eat This Podcast is now pretty much Indieweb enabled, receiving reactions from Twitter and via webmentions, thanks to the plugin authors and my child of the Independent Publisher theme. Fornacalia is partially IndieWeb enabled but Agricultural Biodiversity Weblog is not.
All this is historical and predates me learning about IndieWeb, and I am still not sure how best to integrate everything, or even whether that would be worthwhile, but I am slowly getting there.
My most rewarding social interactions take place on 10Centuries
- The Big Itch: bring some order to my online life (to be expanded)
- Owning bookmarks and their content. I currently use both Instapaper and Pinboard. I can download everything from Pinboard, but what then?
Looking at Wallabag for bookmarks, but may prefer to POSSE to Pinboard.
- Study micropub to create posts on Known from RSS of links at Reading.am
- Ensure Known, Quill and Twitter work well together for me.
- Added webmention receiver from Pelle Wessman and got it working in two short sessions.
- Still need to work a bit more on styling.
- Added form to submit mentions from elsewhere.
- Would like to make this a more useful plugin.
- Would like to display In reply to etc. if appropriate.