Web sign-in is much simpler to use and implement than previous methods of signing in with your own domain like OpenID.
Using your own domain is safer than a 3rd party email service, and simpler than email on your own domain.
See Why web sign-in for more reasons why you should use it.
- indielogin.com - implements web sign-in via RelMeAuth, IndieAuth, email and PGP
- IndieAuth.com - an implementation of Web sign-in and RelMeAuth
- relmeauth PHP library - open source
- relmeauth Python library - open source
- IndieAuth-OpenID cweiske's open source IndieAuth to OpenID proxy
- 2013-08-26 How to set up Web Sign-in on your @squarespace website
See also IndieAuth articles.