audience is an experimental property of a post that indicates the intended recipients (readers) of the post. The audience property value is an h-card for the person or group that is the intended audience.
- 2017-03-22 This note about micropub
- audience: firstname.lastname@example.org list POSSE copy: Micropub PR transition request (no link back to original)
- 2017-06-13 IndieWeb Summit 2017
- audience: private email list
- POSSE copy: @IndieWebSummit
Many systems have groups with membership, and if a member posts to a group the audience is automatically the group members. In an Indieweb example, this might be useful too: if I e.g. create an audience of "HWC Berlin attendees", other attendees should be able to easily post with the same audience. Ideas:
- published (potentially access protected) lists of users, audience property refers to that
- local list following a published list, asking for confirmation for changes
- Nextdoor has a choice for where your posts go, between only your neighborhood, or a collection of local neighbourhoods.
- Facebook allows one to prescribe a specific audience by using its friends list functionality. More details about the options can be found on their help page.
- Flickr Geofencing
- email list
- "Is there any way to post a message SOLELY to your local timeline? That would be pretty cool." @andybaio August 8, 2018