Personal Photo Storage was a session at IndieWeb Summit 2016.
Notes archived from: https://etherpad.indieweb.org/indiepps
- ... add yourself if you were here!
trovebox - now dead, but code still available at https://github.com/photo/frontend
http://jj.isgeek.net/2016/06/photolog-screenshots/ <- link and screenshots of my local instalation https://github.com/jjdelc/Photolog
- a couple years ago, wrote a flickr backup app that keeps a 100% fidelity version of his flickr account
- now has a homebuilt app that POSSEs photos to flickr and google
- didn't want to handle writing logic for privately sharing subsets of photos to people
micropub media endpoint
- quill now uses a media endpoint to post a photo when you drag a photo to the editor
- quill expects a URL to be returned when it posts a photo, but doesn't care where that URL is
For transparently generating thumbnails on serve, see Will's imageproxy: https://github.com/willnorris/imageproxy
aaronpk: I want to consolidate all my media creation into one place: DSLR photos, iPhone photos, screenshots - but, should not be publicly accessible.
- not on my main domain, probably not even on the public internet at all (on a server at home)
- push out a copy to wherever when I want to share it (my website, etc)
Can Mediagoblin do this?
Allowing friends to edit/tag my photos
- flickr has had controls to allow your friends to add tags to photos
- facebook encourages friends to tag people in photos
- how can we encourage this on indieweb sites?