Microformats for Contracts was a session at IndieWebCamp Berlin 2018.
Notes archived from: https://etherpad.indieweb.org/moneystuff
IndieWebCamp Berlin 2018
Session: Microformats for Contracts
When: 2018-11-03 16:55
- Sebastian Greger
- Jan Dinter (jandinter.net)
- Joel Purra (joelpurra.com)
- Martijn van der Ven
- Add yourself here… (see this for more details)
- There are microformats for offers, and products, etc. But why not for contracts.
- What is a contract? Sometimes it is just a transaction of something, e.g. ownership.
- Tracking obligations / special dates.
- Transactions already being published?
- Venmo did this?
- Could commerce systems send information to people about their transactions?
- Standardized format
- Have a common format/interface: transaction types, products/services, termination period...
There is an "official" process for establishing a new microformat (includes a research phase) microformats.org/wiki/process