Let's Build a Micropub Endpoint was a session at IndieWebCamp Amsterdam 2019.
Notes archived from: https://etherpad.indieweb.org/micropub
IndieWebCamp Amsterdam 2019
Session: Let's Build a Micropub Endpoint
When: 2019-09-28 16:40
- Add yourself here… (see this for more details)
Will Micropub always work?
- Works great for creating stuff, it needs improvements. Like autocompleting Twitter users on your own site to POSSE to Twitter from your own site. How would that work? Aaron uses a personal addresbook to mention people from Twitter. Not scalable for now.
- I like to be able to publish to multiple places, from blog to a local site. But when I authorize it's just to one client.
The app could be better to sign in to multiple accounts. This could work in the current Micropub spec, it's truly a client issue.
Another way to approach this is for instance to favorite an article in Monocle to a specific account (blog, Twitter etc).
Micropub clients don't do full editing of existing posts yet but it's in the spec.
Micropub clients that are emerging
- Shortcuts on iOS open up a lot of new possibilities
- micro.blog iOS app
Might be more on the wiki: Micropub/Clients
Does Micropub give structured data for search engines
- What Micropub actually does is send specific types of information to your server. A title, a text, tags, an image. It's up to your server and CMS/website to actually present this data in the right structured form. It's not up to the micropub client to do this.
micropub.rocks is a great tool to test your local implementation of the possibilities of micropub.
There are problems with WordPress and micropub, especially on the issue of themes and plugins all might be doing something with the post Micropub created. WordPress/Themes documents a lot of these issues.