POSSE & PESOS (syndication) was a session at IndieWebCamp Berlin 2019.
Notes archived from: https://etherpad.indieweb.org/syndicall
IndieWebCamp Berlin 2019
Session: POSSE & PESOS (syndication)
When: 2019-05-04 14:30
- Rosemary Orchard - facilitator
- Tantek Çelik
- David Shanske
- Greg McVerry
- Add yourself here… (see this for more details)
- Business Options for POSSE and PESOS, not just individual ones to introduce syndication to all types of users
- every ninth post on Instagram is an ad
- you can mute stories from advertisers
- Chat Bots, SMS, etc
- Moving from Posts to 'Stories' time limited posts
- Instagram issues with aspect ratio
- Swarm doesn't adjust the aspect ratio
- POSSE and PESOS
- Why not Archive everything digital if there is no space constraint?
Places we want to syndicate to
- Facebook Pages (which is still possible)
- Google - My Business
- Whatsapp (https://github.com/hoehermann/purple-gowhatsapp) - https://indieweb.org/WhatsApp#How_to_POSSE
- Pinterest (maybe has an API for this)
- How do we build the alternatives to the service and just syndicate to those?
Features People Want
- 2019-04-10 'Extraordinary' 500-year-old library catalogue reveals books lost to time
The Libro de los Epítomes was a catalogue for Hernando Colón’s 16th-century collection, which he intended to be the biggest in the world
- 2019-04-12 U of W prof gets 'Indiana Jones feeling' with discovery of historic manuscript
He was a visionary who wanted to collect every book printed at the time and, in a precursor to modern libraries, established a system to catalogue his collection, Lazure said. He wrote down when and where he found them and how much he paid.