Jump to navigation Jump to search
IndieWeb Summit Introduction is the opening session of IndieWeb Summit 2019.
IndieWeb Summit organizers will lead you through:
Day 1 Introduction
- Announce: Welcome to the ninth annual IndieWeb Summit!
- Introduce co-organizers: Aaron Parecki, Tiara Miller, Tantek Çelik (lavender lanyards)
- Show code-of-conduct, contact an organizer for any reason anything is not awesome
- Note recent addition from XOXO: marginalized people’s safety over privileged people’s comfort
- Also show Mozilla Community Participation Guidelines (video), since Mozilla is hosting the event.
- Photo policy: use red lanyards for no, yellow for please ask
- Live stream: on by default, if you don't want to be on the live stream, pick seats not visible in the video (e.g. back half of the main room)
- Stickers and pronouns — use the pronoun pins near the stickers!
- Tools: IRC/Slack, this wiki, https://etherpad.indieweb.org/
- Overview of IndieWeb Summit day 1: show 2019/Schedule
- Lightning Intros & Personal Site Demos
- Group photo!
- Lunch out
- Intro to BarCamp and session scheduling
- Afternoon sessions
- Thanks to our Sponsors for making this possible!
- Mozilla for the space & food, Name.com for last night's social, and Okta & Open Collective for general sponsorship!
- Individual contributors and an anonymous donor for our travel assistance fund!
Barcamp sessions introduction
- Intro to how Barcamp sessions are scheduled
- Note: Red, Orange, Yellow room sessions have video and will be recorded
- write THREE THINGS on a notecard:
- session name,
- your name,
- session #hashtag - used for tagging and etherpad.indieweb.org/hashtag
- Session scheduling!
- Summit leaders call *start your sessions* at start time
- During sessions, appoint at least one person to take notes in etherpad
Day 2 Introduction
... see separate page
- add a description of grid setup and session proposal and scheduling process - (something like this? https://indieweb.org/IndieWebCamps/Attendance#Session_Scheduling)