Temporary/Ephemeral Identities was a session at IndieWeb Summit 2019.
Notes archived from: https://etherpad.indieweb.org/justfornow
IndieWeb Summit 2019
Session: Temporary/Ephemeral Identities
When: 2019-06-29 16:10
- Jacky Alciné
- Jeff Noh
- Lillian Karabaic
- Jamey Sharp
- Add yourself here… (see this for more details)
- Participate in the IndieWeb without defining your identity by having a site?
- GPDR- right to be forgotten - how do you get forgotten when your posts all got syndicated out all over the place?
- Maintaining multiple identities, like "fandom trash" versus "less trash"
- What do you do when you need to move your identity somewhere else? How do you move your identity from place to place. rel=me's can be flakey.
- IndieWiki requires a domain name. It used to allow OpenID but it switched to IndieAuth.
- Creators need to own their content. Can IndieWeb provide support or an easier way to begin to start making it easier for Creators to get started?
- Posts that are more ephemeral that exist on Patreon. If Patreon disappears, what happens to their content.
- A need to move content onto your own site.
- What is needed to own the space for your community?
- OAuth / Membership List (Patrons) = Patreon
- Community = Discourse
- Content/Distribution = i.e Podcast, Images
- Expiry dates in the protocol.
- Redirects from former domain to new domain