Static Websites and Micropub was a session at IndieWebCamp London 2020.
Notes archived from: https://etherpad.indieweb.org/staticmicropub
IndieWebCamp London 2020
Session: How to set up/use Micropub with Static Sites
When: 2020-03-14 13:50
When using a static website it may mean that something had to be done manually (Example RSVPs)
- publishes via micropub from micropublish.net
- keeps raw microformats of the posts in gitlab
- micropub endpoint write to gitlab using gitlab api
- micropub is a standard format, so multiple clients can publish to one endpoint
- clients don't need to know how the site is dealng with it on the backend
- minimum you need to support is a form post request
- jamie's endpoint writes to gitlab via api
Jamie created a micropub using java and is available in a repo in gitlab.
are there any JS only micropub endpoints?
- kevin: there is a library for it
- netlify functions is another option
- aws lambda that does the work for you
- still use nodejs on the backend
- jamie stores images on netlify
- static page that posts to a aws lambda on netlify that sends a post request somewhere else
- can you have multiple micropub endpoints?
- what is the use case? using for example standard WP endpoint to publish content to website, but another endpoint (e.g. jamie's software) to post also to git repo
- could make use of mp-extension https://indieweb.org/Micropub-extensions#Destination
- could also write a wrapper so that existing endpoint forwards to both
- jamie demos posting via micropub to both staging and production sites (given you can only have one endpoint)